Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Recipe : Ayam Masak Masin / Salted Egg Chicken

At first, it sounded bizarre to me. I saw it in a menu in Tupai-tupai - Ayam Masak Masin and I was like..masin? who would ever wanted a salty dish? Then I ask the waiter calmy la, and he told me that Masin came from the Telur Masin, the red one. He finally assured us to try it as it is their signature dish.

It was delicious!




I can't get enough of it, so making them myself! I have been making this dishes whenever I don't have time to prepare things. Same as my butter prawn recipe, it is just a simple dish, no hassle. Even you lil sister can make this. 

Here's the recipe I've change a bit to suit my ke-malasan. 


What you'll need:
  • 1/2 kg chicken (preferably, no bones)
  • 4-5 tablespoon of cornflour 
  • 1 tablespoon of rice flour
  • 3 tablespoon butter
  • 3 large salted eggs yolk
  • 4-5 cili padi (depends how spicy you want, slice them thinly)
  • 2 strands curry leaves
  • salt and pepper

What you'll have to do:

  1. Firstly, boiled the salted eggs until well-cooked. Take out the yolk and mash it up. Keep aside.
  2. Now, move on to the chicken cutlet. Mix the cornflour, rice flour, salt and pepper. Add in a bit of water to make sure it covers the chicken perfectly. Then fried them and keep aside.
  3. Now , heat the frying oil (just to make sure butter not get burn) and put in butter. Let it melt. 
  4. When the butter has melted, put in the cili padi and curry leaves. 
  5. Then, stir in the mashed salted egg yolk and they will start to bubbling (this is the best part).
  6. It might get very foamy and then put in the chicken cutlet. Stir well.  
  7. Turn off the stoves. stir some more, make sure all the chicken are well covered with the eggs.
  8. Serve it with a hot rice. Yummy!
As always, no need to put onion or garlic. but if you prefer them, you can also put some. (as picture above, I've put in some yellow onion just to balance the crunchiness)

Yummy. 

Let me know if you tried this okay. 

0 covered in cookie crumbs:

Post a Comment