Wednesday, September 7, 2011

DIY : Name Stamp

Greetings all! Assalamualaikum :)

I'm not feeling well actually since yesterday..I don't know. Well, thankfully it made me trying to cheer myself up by doing diy things. My own name stamp! Awesome!

I know that we can customade it at shop for merely RM3. Yes. It just that cheap but takes few days before it can be use (I'm always a person who is too excited that can't wait for a single minute). So, I read some awesome diy name stamped that shows different techniques and materials, and I end up following the crafty cpa: Inventory control: create your own name stamp

Some might know that I love crafting and I made things for myself rather than buying.. and I want to label those babies with my name..some kind of branding lah kan..hehe.. So, I chose to use anything that been scattered around my room.

You'll need:
Rubber eraser
Carving tools better but I used that common knife.
Stamp pad
Pen, Pencill and Paper
and patient :D

I rate the difficulty: 2/10

Lets get started

Step 1 : Write your name on a piece of paper. Due to my bad handwriting, you can see how many retries attempted. Haha.. :D


Step 2 : Transfer it onto the eraser. From the tutorial, you just flip the paper and place it on top of the carving block. Rub the back of the paper and your words will leave its mark on the block. I found it doesn't work on that eraser. (After so many painful tries..with lots of urrgh arghh..) So I had reluctantly need to write it mirror-ly..ea? (mirror writing tau). I chose to write on the side surface of the eraser as it is easier to hold.


Step 3 : Start carving. It really easy and fun. Be careful not to cut yourself.


Step 4 : Ready and stamp away! Yeay! You made it..


I just stamp it on a piece of leftover fabric and sew it as a label for my humble fabric purse. It does look nice kan?


Hope you'll enjoy this :)

3 covered in cookie crumbs:

  1. oh wow. this is so cute! i will definitely try this, if i ever get the chance! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isha: Thank you. Please try it. Once you did, you just can't stop stamping I bet.. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. besnyer...nk satu!!!!!hehe... i was never creative...haha...this brains r juz trained to accept....haha

    ReplyDelete